If you are a business owner, there is no other better way than to raise your brand awareness through social media marketing. This includes constantly posting on your website and social media platform such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube to name a few.
In today’s digital world, social media marketing has become an essential tool for many small business owners and entrepreneurs to reach hundreds if not millions of customers worldwide. Those who are still having doubts about its value are missing out on an incredible marketing opportunity to grow their brand.
If you have just started your business or are looking at maintaining a top-of-mind recall of your brand, here are six reasons why you should consider embarking on your social media marketing today.
- Increase your brand awareness – While word-of-mouth is one of the best marketing tactic to grow your brand, putting your brand online on digital platforms is a great way to help people get to know you better. When combined with traditional marketing it can help to influence your customers’ purchasing decision. To get started, create a social media profile for your business and start networking with others. You may also consider joining social media groups and cross share your content to reach a wider audience.
- It is less expensive than traditional advertising – First of all, social media platforms are free. You don’t need to have a big advertising budget to start your social media marketing on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn. Post content organically consistently. Remember to share information and knowledge that are relevant and relatable to your audience. Doing this regularly will eventually build followers who value your content. After some time, you can consider adding a small ad budget to attain a bigger audience and returns.
- Increase brand position in the marketplace – Social media is not only to advertise your product and services. It is also a platform to grow your network and build brand ambassadors. When you have regular customers who breathe, live, eat and sleep your brand, you increase your marketplace position.
- Increase brand authority – When you share valuable content, you will grow your brand ambassadors as they see you as authentic and an expert or leader in your industry. This trust helps you to build your brand authority. To build brand loyalty, you need to keep your communication channels open and respond to your messages. When you respond quickly to their queries, you show that you care about them. This also shows your commitment to serving your customers and showcases your brand values.
- Enhance your SEO rankings – These days, it is no longer enough to optimise keywords on your website to be ranked on search engines. When you share content on your social media platforms, you increase your chances of having people find your content through keyword search.
- Increase website traffic – When you share your website URL on your social media platforms, you also encourage traffic to your website. This gives your readers a reason to click on your website URL, resulting in more inbound traffic and possible conversions.
Just a final note. Remember that marketing takes time, but if you are not even starting to raise your brand where your customers are, you allow your competitors to gain a bigger market share. If you need help to get started with your social media marketing, engage an agency to help you plan a strategy that fits your budget. The faster you start, the better chances of your business growing.